Okay, so I know that part of my job description involves sorting out support-type issues when the arise with the IT systems. But I have now wasted half-a-day trying to fix an issue arising from a colleague upgrading from netscape 4 to netscape 7 and his mail stuff failing to cope. I have checked the imap server, it’s quite happy. Mutt can read/write his mailboxes over IMAP with nary so much as a whimper, but will netscape work? Will it buffalo! Update By performing the following process (repeated until all folders were subscribed) I managed to get my colleagues netscape up-to-scratch…
- Click the ‘go offline’ button
- Click the ‘go online’ button
- Subscribe to the next folder
- Select the folder to download the mail in it
- Attempt to subscribe to the next folder (and be told it won’t work)
- Goto 1.